DO RIBERA DEL DUERO
The Garmón Continental winery was established in 2014 by Mariano Garcia and his sons Alberto and Eduardo in the village of Olivares de Duero, barely 12 miles from Bodegas Mauro.
- Garmón is produced from a selection of 30 to 80-year-old vines grown in small plots in five municipalities situated in the eastern part of the Ribera del Duero region: La Aguilera, Tubilla, Baños, Moradillo and Anguix.
- New vines were planted in Valbuena and Olivares de Duero in 2018
- At between 2,790 and 3,300 feet, the poor soils are mostly calcareous clay.
- Following the grape transfer by gravity, the fermentation process begins spontaneously using native yeasts in 8-ton stainless steel vats.
- Once in barrel, the average aging period lasts between 16 and 18 months in 100% French oak from different coopers.
With Garmón, the García family is committed to ancestral viticulture of small-scale, old, sparsely-grown vineyards and native clones, located in the higher, cooler and continental Duero areas with a longer ripening and later harvesting cycle. These factors condition the idiosyncrasy of an elegant and juicy red, of imposing and refined fruit expression.
- Garmón - D.O. Ribera del Duero